Creative Shower Curtains-Give your bathroom a new modern look
Shower curtains are one of the best ways that you can enhance your bathroom to a new level of bathroom decor. It's one of the easiest way to change the overall look and feel of your bathroom. Bathroom curtain's come in a variety of different washable fabrics like cotton, vinyl plastics, polyester and even some beautiful heavier fabric shower curtains.
Shower Curtains Add Both Beauty and Protection in Your Bathroom
A shower curtains main purpose is to seal off your bath tub or your shower enclosure and protect your bathroom from flooding, but they can also give you privacy while showering. Bathroom shower curtains are usually made out of different types of washable fabrics like polyester, cotton and vinyl plastics. If you are using a fabric shower curtain, a good idea is to use a waterproof vinyl liner for protection.
Because your shower curtain is the most dramatic decor piece in your bathroom and can give you your bathroom theme, you’ll want to make sure that you have put some thought into what you really want from your unique shower curtain.
Bathrooms at one time used to be for very basic needs and uses, but today the modern bathroom has changed on how we look at them. People spend more time in the bathroom and need function with a eye appealing decor and shower curtains is the easiest way to add a little personal touch in the bathroom.
Choosing a Shower Curtain That Fits Your Bathroom Decor
Today's shower curtains are designed to fit any tub or shower stall. You can find a unique shower curtain that will fit into anybody's taste. Whether you prefer fabric shower curtains or vinyl there is a bath shower curtain for you. If you have small children you have a huge variety of choices for kids shower curtains like Mickey Mouse, fish, frogs or maybe a cool dolphin shower curtain.
To add to the theme of the curtain you'll find an abundance of shower curtain accessories, which would include hooks, rods, rings and even curved shower rods. Your rings may come in wood, plastic, brass, sterling silver and even glass curtain hooks.
Make sure you write out a bathroom plan and how you want everything to flow together from the bathroom vanity unit to the bathroom walls colors to the tile and right down to your unique personal shower curtain.
A New Bathroom Is the Best Way to Add Value to Your Home
Bathrooms are one of the top renovated areas of the home because it adds value to the home right away and you get to enjoy a updated bathroom with a beautiful new decor. Because they are usually the smallest rooms in the house this does not mean they are easy to redo. Shower curtains can be one of the best practical pieces that you can have in your shower.
Not only do they add a decor element to your room but they also help prevent water from leaving the shower area or tub. One of the best ways to accomplish this is by coordinating and blending the curtain with the surrounding hardware and colors that you already are using or plan to have in your Reno.
Easy Steps on Choosing the Right Shower Curtain for Your Bathroom:
- Evaluate Your Bathroom Decor: Step back and take a look at how your bathroom is currently decorated and decide whether you like the overall look or feel it's time for change. Take a look at all the colors and hardware that are in your bathroom and decide what you want to match your shower curtain to that you already have in your bathroom. If you decided it's time for a change you can add a new color or a complete theme for the whole room.
- Measuring and Sizing up Your Shower: Having a good idea of the area that you work with is your best starting point. Use a tape measure and start taking down the measurements of the width of the space that you need your shower curtain to cover. The length of the shower curtain is determined by measuring from the top of the area you will place your curtain rod down to the floor depending on where you would like to have your curtain finish(how far off the floor),Shower curtains come in a standard size of 72in x 72in (182.88 cm).
- Set a budget (how much you want to spend): Shower curtains can cost from a variety of different ranges of prices from a very affordable shower curtains such as vinyl to more expensive designer shower curtains. After looking at your overall decor and what you plan to do decide on your costs range of how much you want to spend before you start shopping for your shower curtains and shower curtain rods. Things that you should be looking for are shower curtain sales and online coupons from discount shower curtain websites.
- Choosing the Right Material for Your Shower Curtains: There are variety of different materials and different decorative textiles that you can choose for your bathroom, you can decide on vinyl, polyester, and cotton. For cleaning purposes the easiest is your vinyl and plastic shower curtains they are the simplest to spot cleaning and cheap enough to have a few different colors and styles on hand(easiest way to give your bathroom a different look). If you choose to go the route of fabric shower curtains you have to take into consideration that you will have to remove them and wash them in a delicate cycle.
- Choosing a Good Pattern or Color Shower Curtain: The easiest and simplest way is to purchase something that will match your bathroom decor, or if you're remodeling by something that you will coordinate with the paint coloring and flooring that you have chosen. Also take into consideration your towels and other bath accessories that you will encompass in your bathroom decor.
- Selecting a Shower Curtain Liner: Some shower curtains come with treated waterproof fabrics that allow you not to have to add a liner to your curtain. Sadly, waterproof coatings can wear off quickly, this will leave your shower curtain exposed to the elements of humidity and direct water contact. By using a proper curtain liner you will help separate the shower curtain from water exposure and your body. Measure your shower curtain and match an appropriate liner with the same size of the curtain, many shower curtain liners are mold proof.
- Add Matching and Coordinating Bathroom Hardware: After you've chosen your shower curtain you will need to add a curtain rod and hook rings to hang/mount your curtain. Choose something that will blend well and matches your overall bathroom, also take into consideration that the hardware is durable enough to hold the weight of both the liner and the curtain.
The Size and fabric Choice of Your Shower Curtain Matters
If your shower is not the standard size that manufacturers use then you may consider having a shower curtains custom-made. Some manufacturers already go above and beyond this and have available a selection of extra-long shower curtains and extra wide measurements
Just like anything else that you choose to do in your house, you have to do some research and by searching online through different shower curtain manufacturers like Croscill, Kohi’s, Nautica you will be able to find that unique shower curtain that will finish off or create that fresh new modern or maybe country style bathroom.
Types of fabric shower curtains can be made of
Shower curtains have a variety of different fabric materials that they can be made from. Choices that you may have come in a wide variety of different materials such as fabric, lace, hemp, bamboo and vinyl or plastic. Always choose a fabric style that gives you your most benefits whether you're buying from our retailer or making your own shower curtain.
- Fabric Shower Curtains: There are endless choices of different patterns and fabrics that you can choose from, all depending on the style and the overall look that you would like for your bathroom. If you are looking for a more elegant theme then a choice of velvet or silk fabric will hang nicely from a shower rod. Cotton and linen shower fabrics are very simple and easy to purchase with a variety of many different patterns and colors. With fabric you should always hang a plastic shower curtain liner behind it for protection of your curtain investment.
- Plastic and Vinyl Shower Curtains: The most least expensive and most versatile are your vinyl shower curtains that can be hung without having to have a liner partnered up with. This is a great choice for shower curtains because of the economic standpoint. The benefit of this is this material is very good at repelling water (great benefit for young children). The main downside of this type of material is that the plastic shower curtain can eventually start to show permanent stains from the chemicals in the water, this will give you the look of a foggy or dull appearance.
Shower curtain bath accessories and resources
Shower curtains will give you the most affordable way to instantly create a new looking bathroom. Installing a new unique shower curtain is very easy when using a rod that is either spring tension controlled, solid mounting rod or sliding rod and a hookless shower curtain - which will be the quickest and easiest installation for you.
Or you may want to purchase some great looking hooks which come in plastic, glass, wood, brass or even nickel plated with several different designs available from classic to fairy tale and even monkeys.
It will be easy to find the perfect custom shower curtain hooks that will complement your bathroom shower curtain. We would like to help educate you on shower curtain ideas for your home. We have resources and reviews that can help. Please take the time to read through some.
Vinyl Shower Curtains-Your Simplest Shower Curtain/Liner Option
Vinyl Shower Curtains are your CHEAP choice for a shower curtain. They have a dual benefit of being a Plastic Curtain Liner or a standalone shower curtain.One of the main benefits that you will find with a vinyl shower curtain is the price. Bathroom curtains of this style and type of material are very often sold at low cheap prices.
Extra Long Shower Curtains-Find the Right Shower Curtain Size
If think you will need an (Extra Long Shower Curtain) for your bathroom, don't worry you can still get your hands on longer shower curtains if you look in the right places.This type of curtain is a great accessory for the length as they come in 96 inch heights, this is a great benefit for any unconventional taller shower formats.